Wednesday, March 12, 2008

DAD!

What does that bring to mind for you?

There are all kinds of fathers out there.
Fatherhood,
as it was created to be,
should
bring to mind
pleasant and wonderful things.















Daddy, my hero.

Daddy, my protector,

my helper and my provider.

Followed by...
Dad, my counselor,
my best friend,

my mentor.



















This is what a Dad can be.



But what images are conjured up

for you at the sound of
"Heavenly Father"?


It seems incredible to me
that
the Creator of the universe
chose a father/child relationship
when He thought of you and me...


It baffles me.


If memories are too painful...
if "Dad" for you means awful things...

The Heavenly Father has something
to say about that...
Here it is...


(King David writes...)

8.When You said, Seek ye my face;
my heart said unto thee,
Thy face, Lord, will I seek.

9. Hide not thy face far from me...
...Thou hast been my help;
leave me not, neither forsake me,
O God of my salvation.

10. When my father and
my mother forsake me,

then the Lord will take me up.

Psalm 27:8-10


That's no small promise.
It's huge.
God can REDEEM
everything and anything.
It's His THING.

So... go ahead,
visit here
to understand what it means
to have God as your Father...


...Your Very Own

Heavenly

Dad.


No comments: