Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Peace It Is

It was recommended at a fellow blogger's site...
that we choose a word for this year, and just
be creative with it. Examine it, see it, feel it,
own it, grow into it, spread it around, lift it up,
decorate with it, write it down on wood...
you get the idea.

Well - I picked my word.

Peace.


I chose peace because I am the insecure type.
That's me.
Caring too much about what other people think.
Worrying too much about appearances.
Thinking too much about how I come across.
Fussing about other peoples feelings.
Like it's my business... or my job to fix things.
Wow.
I'm tired just thinking about it.

So - peace it is.


















(Photo taken by Joseph Sade, in Brown City, Mi.)


First and foremost,
I already have
Peace with God.

By the grace of God,
it's signed, sealed
and delivered.

Then there's Peace within.
Not easily attainable.
Peace of heart.
Peace of mind.
Peace of God.

And that is why I chose peace.
To let it Rule my heart and mind
as I relinquish control of each
moment of my life
and lay it into His loving,
merciful,
nail-pierced
Hands.



" And let the peace of God rule in your hearts..."
Col 3:15




No comments: