Monday, February 25, 2008

Infallible? Yes!.

Ask me if I believe the Bible is infallible...
and I will answer a resounding...

...Yes!

Without reservation!

I'm talking about those versions
of the Bible translated from the
original texts
.











There are publishers who take
such classics as The Pilgrim's

Progress, or Uncle Tom's Cabin,
or
Les Miserables,
and they
simplify the text to
make it easier to understand

(some call it dumbing down).

You would then have a paraphrase -
or an abridged version of the Classic.

Those "abridged" translations of the Bible
are not what I'm referring to.

I'm referring to the Bible that was translated
with the author's original
intent in mind -
and mind you - that is not hard to determine.


Not only because we have plenty of documents
supporting the original texts,
but because
I know my God is not
a limited God...

If He was capable of creating this world...
surely He was capable of leaving His Word.


Am I being childlike...
naive-like?


Yes, I am.

And I love it.












Ask the Spirit of God

to open His Words to you, for
Without Him, His Word is
incomprehensible.


Go.

Ask.


Read.


Feed.


It was written
with you
in Mind.

Start with the Book of John.
And believe...


"Open Thou mine eyes, that I might
behold wondrous things out of thy law."
Psalm 119:18

(Psalm 119 is written entirely
on the subject and glory of
God's Word.
Check it out!)


No comments: