Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Criminal Mediocrity

“Your danger and mine is not
that we become criminals,
but rather that we become

respectable, decent, commonplace,

mediocre Christians.




















The 21st century temptations that
really
sap our spiritual power are
the television,
banana cream pie,
the easy chair and the
credit card.”
-Ray Ortlund


God help me! Perhaps today
we could include
the Computer Screen...
one of my own great
potential time munchers.

Oh the discipline, the hard and fast determination
to remain on course... what can be the rescue!

Vision.
Having a vision.
I mean, a vision straight from God as to what it is
I should be setting my heart and time on. And
then....

Going for it.


1 comment:

mariel said...

Great post...beautifully written!
Mariel
growingingodliness.blogspot.com