Friday, December 07, 2007

Conviction

"If the Spirit of God is responsible
to convict the world of sin,
He must first of all convict us of sin
because we are the ones He indwells-
we are the tools He will use."
-Theodore Epp


This is no easy thing...
to be used to convict.

And it is no easy thing...
to first be convicted.




















And I often am convicted.


And when I am and express my grief...
those closest to me can be the
first
to attempt "relieving" my conscience

and being my very own cheerleaders...
cheering me
on to better thinking,
for the purpose of better living,

and of a happier disposition.

I do not blame them.
I understand it.

But I do not accept the cheers
nor
the reproofs
for the posture I take.


If I take my sin seriously,
God will grant me freedom from it...
even if over time.

It is God's mercy
that He convicts.
Because
sin
hurts
us
all.

"Behold, Thou desirest truth in the inward parts..."
Psalm 51:6




2 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for the link to your blog. I enjoy perusing it a bit! I see some of my favorite people linked to here (John Piper & Ann Voskamp to name two!) on your blog also. I hope the website design works out for you!

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Convicted.
Thank-you...

All's grace,
Ann