Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Shhhhhh...

Yes, I yelled at my kids -
for a short while.

Everytime I did,
I remember hating it .
It felt so Wrong.
"Why am I acting like such a fool?
What an awful way to deal with things!"

I knew it was me that was out of control.
Not them.

The yelling came from my
own inward struggle...

they did not need me to yell
at them to get them to listen
.

I had inward turmoil.
Turmoil I was not
dealing with,
and I took it out on them.

I
just thank God it was only
for a short period
of time.

_______________________


Thankfully, God is not that way.
He has no inward turmoil.
Turmoil means trouble.
Inward trouble.
Confusion, fear, and doubt.

Now I understand why God whispers.
He does not yell (unless He wants to).
He does not startle you
with that "Lofty Voice".

Now I understand why He wasn't in the
windstorm when He spoke to Elijah
in
1 Kings 19:12,
nor was He in the lightning,

or the fire...

He whispered calmly.
Ever so gently.








And He still does today.
And those who hear Him
are those
who have
quieted their souls.

I need to cultivate a quieter soul.

Father God, is it such a wonder
that you would ask me...
To Be Still...
that I might know that you are God
and able to speak to me?
(Psalm 46:10)












No comments: