Saturday, July 05, 2008

FAMILY AFFAIR

Christianity is Exclusive.
So is my family, by the way.


I come from the Morency family.

There is no other family like my family.
I mean, Dad is Claude, Mom is Rolande,
and Serge, Danielle and Christian are
my siblings.
You cannot be a part of my
family
unless you were born into it.



























That's just the way it is.

__________________________________

Now, about another family.


Jesus explains to Nicodemus:
























"Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be born again,

he cannot see the kingdom of God.


Nicodemus saith unto him,
How can a man be born when he is old?
can he enter the second time

into his mother's womb,
and be born?
Jesus answered,

Verily, verily, I say unto thee,

Except a man be born of water
and of the Spirit,
he cannot enter
into the kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh;

and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee,
Ye must be born again. "

John 3:3-7

__________________________________________

And to the woman at the well...

Again, He speaks explicitly...





















"But an hour is coming, and now is,

when the true worshipers
will worship the Father

in spirit and in truth;
for such people the Father seeks

to be His worshipers.


"God is Spirit,
and those who worship Him

must worship Him in Spirit and truth."
-John 4:23, 24
__________________________________________


That's just how it is.

You must be born INTO God's family.
Then and only then can you call Him Father...


All are born of the water of the womb. (physical)

All are called to be born of the spirit of God. (spiritual)

But not all respond. They just don't want to.

So, a Father is an exclusive Thing -
He does not impose Himself on anyone.
He's looking for those who will Love Him...
He is not interested in pre-programmed,
cold, heartless, and mindless children.

So there is a choice to be made -
all for the sake of true love.

It's a family affair...
And it's totally,
lovingly,
fair.

"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying,
Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love:
therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee."

Jeremiah 31:3


.

No comments: