Friday, April 04, 2008

Have a Rest...

"Anxiety shows that we are
too close to the world,

and too far from God."

John Piper


Now that's a test I don't mind taking.

How much anxiety am I carrying?
Today?
Right now?
I need look closely...

Anxiety is about as necessary
as a hole
in the head.

Worrry is about as necessary
as another hole in the head.












Poor guy.
Looks silly.
and sad.

So do we.

When we worry
and fret
and fear
and forget
our Father...

Who cares about ALL our cares.
Who carried ALL our cares
to the cross, and cared enough
to set us free of the bondage
of
Cares
and worry
and fretting.

Oh, precious saint...















Rest in Him.
Lean on Him.
Trust in Him...


"... learn of me;
for I am meek
and lowly in heart:
and ye shall find rest
unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy,
and my burden is light.
"
Mat 11:29-30


No comments: