Friday, November 30, 2007

Flying Alone, Anyone?



Eagles ... fly alone...they are crows,
daws, and starlings that flock together.


--John Webster














Success does have its cost.
Aloneness...
blood,
sweat,
tears and fears...

Though I am no great success,
sometimes I do
feel alone.


And, honestly, each man does
have his moments where he is,
indeed,
alone.

Making decisions...
alone.

Facing regrets...
alone.

Counting the cost...
alone.

Feeling doubts...
alone.

And insecurity...
alone.

Dreadfully wanting...
alone.
In the midst of
intense suffering...
alone.










No one is immune.


Yes, eagles may fly alone...
And success does call
for swimming upstream,
and striving...
alone...

But that is not the end-all.

We are human.
Hard-wired for relationship.


To me, the end-all is
greater compassion
for man,
and greater dependency
upon God through all
circumstances.

Actually...
a scooting up closer
and closer
to Him.

I have times

of aloneness...
of sadness...
of insecurity,

and
though not always
unscarred, I do come
out
o.k.

So, we have a common bond.

I am just like you.

Imperfect.

Struggling.

And it's ok.










"...for i acknowledge my transgressions.." psalm 51:3




No comments: